I’m not normally one for New Year’s Resolutions but as a year comes to an end I do like to look back at the year that’s coming to a close and think about what I would like to be different in the upcoming year. Approaching my 4th year as a celiac, what could I do to make my gluten free life better, fuller and more delicious?
I made a couple of gluten free resolutions for 2013..
To try more gluten free restaurants – I am a very cautious celiac as you know and whilst it’s important to be careful I also think it’s important to get out there and enjoy a plethora of gluten free food. I sometimes feel as though I am limiting myself to the same three restaurants here in San Francisco which I consider safe, shutting myself off from other great restaurants. I try new places a lot more whilst travelling and I need to learn to do the same at home. I know there are more gluten free goodies out there to be discovered and they will be in 2013!
To try out new gluten free recipes – There are a bunch of great gluten free recipes out there that I keep meaning to try but then don’t seem to find the time. I’m no expert cook or baker and I don’t expect my creations to turn out like those of some other fantastic gluten free bloggers but I want to at least try. I’d love to try my hand at a gluten free cheesecake or some gluten free brownies!
What are some of your gluten free resolutions for 2013?
- Maybe you too want to try a new restaurant or two which you have been putting off trying?
- If you found yourself cheating or not being as careful as you could have been this year, perhaps you resolve to be more careful about what you eat in 2013?
- If you have a family member or friend who doesn’t understand or support your gluten free life, maybe teaching them more about what celiac disease is and why you have to eat gluten free will help them to understand and become more supportive?
- If you find yourself eating the same meals all the time perhaps your resolution will be to create and eat more varied gluten free dishes?
- Perhaps you want to eat more naturally gluten free foods rather than processed stuff?
I’m expecting 2013 to be a very exciting year involving lots of gluten free adventuring, beginning with Singapore and Malaysia in January!! Perhaps your resolution is to get out there and do more gluten free travelling? If so, you know I’m always here to help!
What are your resolutions, gluten free or otherwise, for 2013?