Some of you asked for my sweet potato based, gluten free pizza recipe so here it is! It’s super simple, it’s insanely delicious and it’s a wee bit different from your tomato based pizzas. If you haven’t yet tried pizza topped with creamy sweet potato I would definitely recommend giving it a try. It’s pretty amazing. If you decide to make it for yourself, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
- Gluten free pizza base (For the one in the photo I used a fantastic base from Everybody Eats Inc. in Brooklyn, NY)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- Grated cheese
- Milk (any kind)
- Ground beef or turkey
- Large red onion
How to make it
- Peel and cut sweet potato into large chunks
- Boil sweet potatoes for 10 mins or until soft
- Fry up some ground beef or turkey with garlic and onion
- Put sweet potato in food processor with some chopped garlic and a splash of milk
- Cover pizza base with sweet potato
- Top with cooked ground meat
- Cover with grated cheese
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until edges are brown
- Serve and enjoy!
For those of you who don’t eat meat, substitute with TVP or tofu!