I’m a big fan of persimmons. I first discovered them whilst living in South Korea. They were everywhere and I loved their crunchy, sweet taste. Â Ever since I have been trying to figure out how I could incorporate them into a delicious gluten free snack. They are great on their own of course but sometimes you fancy being a little creative.
For Thanksgiving this year we spent the day at a friends house and what was sitting on the table when we arrived? A delicious snack involving persimmon.Â If you are looking for a delicious and gluten free appetiser with an autumn feel then these persimmon prosciutto bites are perfect. They are super simple to make too as you only need five ingredients.
- Fig jam
- Goats Cheese
- Rocket (arugula for those of you in the US)
How to make it
- Chop your persimmon into slices
- Add a small dollop of fig jam to the centre of each slice
- Add some goats cheese
- Top the cheese with prosciutto
- Garnish with rocket and serve