I’m a huge fan of any meal which involves sweet potato and this is one of my favourite sweet potato recipes. Lots of veggies and spices make it a delicious and healthy meal and there is no gluten to be found! It’s also a dish where you can easily mix and match the veggies and pulses in this dish to ensure you get your favourites in there. Lentils or kidney beans would make a good alternative to chick peas!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 large sweet potato
- Half a butternut squash
- 2 small onions
- Can of chickpeas
- 1.5lbs finely chopped tomatoes
- 3 fresh chillies
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Ginger, tumeric, cumin, coriander (2 heaped spoonfuls of each)
How to make it?
- Heat some oil in a pan with a heaped tablespoon of each spice: ginger, tumeric, cumin and coriander.
- Add sliced garlic and chillies and stir for a few minutes.
- Add chopped up sweet potato, butternut squash, onions and can of chick peas.
- Stir in another teaspoon of each spice.
- Add tomatoes then leave to simmer for 30 mins or until everything is soft.
- Add 100 grams of fresh spinach and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Serve with rice of salad and enjoy!