I’ve been a HUGE fan of peanut butter for a long time now but I’ve only recently been introduced to it’s lovely nutty cousin, almond butter and so far I’m very impressed. I’ve been using a lot of almond milk recently so it’s no surprise that I enjoy almond butter too.
Almond butter is wonderful when mixed into my hot cereal in the morning. It adds a nutty, creamy taste to my cereal (Peanut butter and sunflower seed butter are great too!) and it’s a great way to add protein to my morning meal to keep me satisfied through until lunch time.
It’s also delicious on it’s own straight from the jar. Sometimes I need an extra kick before or after a run or in between meals and I’m a big fan of a spoonful of nut butter whenever I feel this way.
So far I’m all about incorporating almond butter into my breakfast but what about other meals? Or how about desserts? Yesterday I asked for your ideas on how to eat almond butter. These are some of your delicious suggestions:
- With pear preserves on gluten free multigrain bread
- As the main ingredient in yeast free bread
- On gluten free toast with banana
- With cocoa to make a hot chocolate
- A topping for a gluten free brownie
- As a main ingredient in gluten free chocolate chip cookies
- With apples as a snack
- Mixed up in a shake or smoothy
- With natural yoghurt
- As a dip for various veggies
I’m planning to try my hand at an almond butter rice pudding at some point in the near future. I think it would work perfectly as a butter and sugar substitute. I’m thinking raisins. Maybe coconut?
How do you eat almond butter? Share your suggestions in the comments below!