The Super Bowl is a pretty big event in the US. To be honest I’m not a huge fan of American football. No, actually, I think it’s possibly the dullest sport ever but what I do enjoy is the food culture that goes with this huge sporting day! There are ridiculous amounts of food being eating during the Super Bowl and our Philadelphia feast was to be 100% gluten free.
For this year’s Super Bowl my roomie Pete made some amazing gluten free Jambalaya. He also gave me permission to share his delicious recipe with my fellow gluten free travellers.
- rice(2 cups)
- Spanish onion
- Peppers (red, orange and yellow)
- Green onions
- Cajun seasoning
- 3 cans of salsa
- Seafood stock (32oz)
- Package of shrimp
- Package of andouille sausages(or other spicy sausages if you cannot find a gluten free version of these)
How to make it:
- for 30 mins
- Garnish with green onions
- Cut up the spanish onion and peppers and saute until soft
- Add 4 cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning and 2 tablespoons of Thyme.
- Mix in 3 cans of salsa
- Add shrimp, sliced up sausages and seafood stock
- Add 2 cups of rice and stir
- Top with crushed green onions
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze both halves into mix and places juiced halves on top
- Cover and reduce heat to slow simmer
- Serve and enjoy!