I spent last weekend with my brother, sister-in-law and beautiful baby niece. My lovely sister-in-law is very gluten free aware and understands the threat of cross contamination. When she made us this delicious gluten free honey and mustard chicken she double checked each ingredient with me to ensure they were safe. She even bought a brand new pot of mustard in case their open one had been contaminated by something glutenous. Your caution and delicious cooking was very much appreciated, Anita! 🙂
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1tbsp oil
- 500g chicken breast strips
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cups gluten free stock
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 200g green beans, sliced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
How to make it
- Heat oil in frying pan. Add chicken, and cook for 5 minutes or until brown
- Put now cooked chicken to the side whilst cooking the rest of the dish
- Add mushrooms, onion and half cup of stock to pan and cook for 5 minutes stirring, until the stock has evaporated and vegetables have softened.
- In a jug, put remaining cup of stock with mustard, honey and cornflour and whisk until combined.
- Add to mushrooms with the beans. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beans are just tender.
- Return chicken to pan and cook for 1 -2 minutes until heated and cooked through.
- Stir in sour cream and serve.
- Serve with rice or corn tortillas and enjoy!