Something you probably already know about me if you’ve seen or tried any of my recipes on here is that I’m a big advocate of sticking whatever I have together to see how it turns out. My spinach and chickpea Wasabi Dijon Salad is another of these things. It’s super simple and it’s yummy.
Now I didn’t make the dressing myself although I plan to try my hand at making my own dressings in the near future. For now, this is an interesting and very tasty dressing that I found in a grocery store in SF by Maple Grove Farms of Vermont. It’s fat free and gluten free Wasabi Dijon Dressing. I thought it sounded delicious and it truly is. The ingredients in my salad I think compliment this dressing really well but if you can’t find this try another yummy sounding dressing or vinagrette and let me know so that I can try it out too! 🙂
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 150 grams fresh, washed spinach
- One egg
- Third of a can of chickpeas
- Quarter of a red onion (sliced)
- One medium tomato (sliced)
- Soy sauce (in place of oil)
- Your favourite dressing or vinagrette
How to make it
- Put a couple of splashes of gf soy sauce in a pan
- Crack an egg and scramble in the soy
- Add chickpeas, red onion and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve on spinach, drizzle in dressing and enjoy!
TIP: Try adding sliced peppers to the mix! I plan to try this next time 🙂