I incorporate pineapple into a lot of dishes and it’s always delicious so this time I thought I’d try mango instead. I’ve become a big fan of thai red curry since I discovered a number of different thai curry pastes which are gluten free. In the US I use Mae Ploy made from only a few vegetables and spices. Natural and delicious, personally I love using it in a variety of different dishes. It works perfectly with chunks of fresh mango to make a healthy, scrumdiddlyumptious meal! In the UK I use Thai Taste, very similar (but a bit less spicy) and equally tasty.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Garlic – chopped
- Onion -sliced
- Red pepper – sliced
- 3 eggs
- 50g Red Thai Curry Paste
- Flakes of/ desiccated coconut
- Mango -sliced
How to make it
- Put a little olive oil in a pan and add the garlic and onion
- Once simmering, crack eggs into mix
- Add sliced peppers and mix to keep from sticking to pan
- Once the eggs are cooked, add Thai red curry paste and a couple splashes of milk
- Add coconut whilst stirring the mix
- Serve with rice or salad and enjoy!
TIP: Substitute egg for shrimp if you would prefer a fishy curry.