Yesterday I was happy to receive this delicious sounding recipe from Jason, whose 4 year old son was diagnosed as celiac in October 2009. It’s lovely to hear from fellow gluten free families about the gluten free recipes they have concocted. This recipe for gluten free toasted coconut chicken sounds scrumdiddlyumptious to me and I can’t wait to give it a try! Anything which involves coconut and gluten free corn flakes is a recipe that gets me excited! I’ll be sure to add some photos to the post once I’ve given it a try…
- 1 lb chicken
- ½ cup crushed GF tortilla chips
- ½ cup crushed GF corn flake cereal
- ½ cup coconut
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 TB honey
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 and toast coconut while oven preheats.
- Cut chicken into strips or nuggets.
- Combine tortilla chips, corn flakes, and toasted coconut.
- Mix egg, milk, and honey.
- Dip chicken in egg wash and coat with coconut mixture.
- Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of pieces.
Tip: For adults, try adding garlic powder and cayenne pepper to the mixture and skillet fry in coconut oil.