These gluten free, spicy peanut butter potato cakes are a great recipe if you’ve got some leftover mashed potatoes that you fancy turning into something tasty. This dish makes a particularly yummy breakfast. I do realise that quite a few of my recent recipes have involved peanut butter in some way or another and that would be because I can’t get enough of it these days. Whether creamy or crunchy I’m a big fan and it works well with so many different dishes. I like to make potato cakes with garlic and green onion mashed potatoes but it will work with your favourite mashed potatoes too.
- Mashed potatoes
- Black/red pepper
- Peanut butter (I like spicy peanut butter with this!)
How to make it
- Turn leftover mashed potatoes into patties with your hands
- Pan fry in a little oil for 3-5 minutes
- Throw in a dash of black or red pepper
- Flip over and continue to fry until browned
- Serve with a spread of peanut butter and enjoy!