Breakfast time is my favourite meal of the day. I should probably say that breakfast food is my favourite because no matter what time of day, I always consider a bowl, mug or cup of cereal a great idea! Recently I’ve been trying to vary my breakfast food a little and hot grains served with peanut butter and fresh fruit is my current favourite!
Ingredients: (serves 2 hungry breakfast lovers!)
- Cup of quinoa
- Peanut Butter – Make sure it’s gluten free!
- Chopped up fresh fruit – I like this dish best with pear or peach
- Milk – Almond, soy or coconut milk is great if you can’t do dairy.
How to make it:
- Cook the quinoa until soft. I like to cook it in my rice cooker as it’s super simple and always tastes great!
- Add a few splashes of milk to the quinoa and mix together
- Place quinoa in a bowl and mix in a large spoonful (or two!) of peanut butter
- Add fresh fruit and another splash of milk
- Serve and enjoy!
This breakfast is also great with jasmine rice as a substitute for quinoa!! It’s basically a super simple, delicious, rice pudding breakfast. 🙂