Recently I’ve fallen in love with asparagus spears. It’s not a vegetable I’ve cooked with much in the past but I bought a couple of bunches recently on a kick I was having to try new things and now I can’t get enough. In reading about it’s nutritional value I see that asparagus is a very good source of dietary fiber, potassium and maganese amongst other vitamins and minerals. This recipe is very simple and has delicious results.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 300g Tofu – sliced into chunks
- Chilli powder
- Small onion – chopped
- Pepper – chopped
- Natural yoghurt
How to make it
- Brown the tofu in a little oil
- Sprinkle tofu with chilli powder and stir
- Add onion and pepper and leave to simmer
- Clean asparagus, cut stems and place in around an inch of water
- Boil asparagus for 5 mins or until soft
- Squeeze lime into tofu
- Turn off heat and stir in yoghurt
- Rinse asparagus, serve with creamy tofu and enjoy!