I’m a huge pesto fan. It’s naturally gluten free, simple to make and full of flavour – what’s not to love! I’m a pretty big fan of sandwiches too, when they’re gluten free of course, so what better than a tasty gluten free pesto and chicken sandwich for lunch or dinner. When making pesto we tend to use this super simple recipe. We alternate betweenÂ using cilantro or basil but we always use almonds in place of pine nuts. The past few times we have made these sandwiches we have used bread from Mariposa Bakery here in San Francisco. If you can get your hands on some, fresh gluten free bread (baguette style) is the best for this type of sandwich!
- Gluten free bread
- Chicken breast
- Olive oil
How to make it
- Cut chicken breast into a few large strips
- Fry up some garlic and onion in a little olive oil
- Add chicken to the pan
- Add some black pepper and cook until browned
- Spread a layer of pesto onto each side of your bread
- Add a layer of spinach to the bread
- Once ready, add chicken to your sandwich
- Scoop any remaining garlic/onions onto the chicken
- Serve and enjoy!