John and I do a lot of experimenting with meals. I don’t think we have ever followed a recipe. We are more the ‘try it out and see what happens’ type. We tend to buy a bunch of things that we like and then choose a selection that we think would work together, adding various spices here and there. This curry was one of those things and the reason I call it ‘Kryptonite Curry’ is probably pretty obvious. It’s very green!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 300g thinly sliced beef
- One large green pepper, sliced
- One courgette, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Half a red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Cooking Oil
How to make it
- Heat a little oil in a pan and mix in 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- Add beef and stir to cover in curry powder.
- After 5 mins add garlic, onion, pepper & courgette and cook for a further 10 mins
- Turn to low heat and simmer until meat and courgettes are soft
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
TIP: Make sure that your curry powder is gluten free as for some reason it sometimes contains wheat flour! I tend to buy one made simply from various spices.
ANOTHER TIP: If you’re not a fan of red meat you could try replacing the beef with chicken or turkey 🙂