What do celiacs eat for lunch? Last week I posted an article on what celiacs eat for breakfastÂ for which I got some good feedback so I thought it would be interesting to ask some of you what you eat for lunch. I know I’m always looking for new ideas to try so hopefully you too will find something here that you like the sound of.
Lunch is the meal that probably changed the most for me when I became gluten free. In pre-celiac days lunch would usually involve some kind of high gluten sandwich or wrap. Simply made, easily transported and something I could easily pick up at a grocery store or sandwich shop if I was out and about. Nowadays my favourite gluten free lunch when I’m working from home is hot salad/stir fry. It’s healthy, it’s tasty and it keeps me going through the afternoon. Another favourite is quinoa avocado salad. If I need to eat on the road I’ll usually make some kind of veggie dish with rice or quinoa and if I’m eating out for lunch my first choice is usually sushi.
Last week I asked a bunch of you what you like to eat for gluten free lunch and this is what you said..
- Lettuce boat sandwiches (using lettuce in place of bread)
- Yoghurt and berries
- Salad with tuna
- Rice Chex with cinnamon, mixed with milk, strawberries, blackberries, bananas, red & green grapes! (brunch)
- Quinoa & veggies
- Oatmeal & Greek yogurt
- Sandwich on gluten freeÂ bread
- Chicken salad wraps on a brown rice tortilla
- Boars head meat on gluten free bread
- Veggies and meat with brown rice or quinoa
- Rice with olives, feta & sundried tomatoes.
- Fish tacos
- Baked potato with beans
- Corn tortillas with ham, cheese and pineapple
- Baked potato with cheese or tuna & peppers
- Rice cakes with various toppings.
- Boiled egg salad
- Gluten free wrap with avocado, spinach and cheese
- Omelette and fruit
- Veggie and cheese omelette
- Egg and veggie fried rice
- Avocado on gluten free toast
- Leftovers from dinner
What do you like to eat for gluten free lunch? Share your Â favourites in the comments below..