Ever wonder what celiacs eat for breakfast? Perhaps you are a newly diagnosed celiac looking for safe options for a morning meal which can often be high in gluten or maybe you’re a long time celiac looking for new gluten free breakfast ideas. Personally when I discover a gluten free breakfast option that I enjoy, I find myself eating it every day. I should probably be a bit more varied in my choices though.
These days my favourite gluten free breakfast is hot cereal with nut butter, fresh fruit and a little almond milk. It’s so delicious and I love starting my day like this.
I asked some of you what you like to eat for breakfast and this is what you said..
- Fruit and nut milk smoothies
- Yoghurt with fruit and seeds
- Quinoa porridge with blueberries and almond milk
- Gluten free cereal with coconut, almond or soy milk
- Greens sautéed with blueberries, smoked salmon, and sauerkraut.
- Yoghurt, tea and gluten free biscuits
- Green smoothie
- Home made hummus with gluten free crackers
- Gluten free toast with eggs
- Gluten free english muffin with peanut butter and jelly
- Gluten free toast with peanut butter
- Fruit and yoghurt smoothies
- Fruit with eggs or nuts
- Egg white omelette
- Gluten free oatmeal
- Gluten free waffles
- Rice pudding with blueberries
- Hard boiled eggs
- Gluten free granola with yoghurt and fruit
- Gluten free toast with cheese and avocado
- Baked beans, grilled spinach and fried egg
- Gluten free sausages
- Gluten free pancakes
- Gluten free bar and a banana
- Eggs and bacon
- Salmon with avocado
- Gluten Free Oatmeal with chocolate chips and fruit
These are some fantastic gluten free breakfast ideas! I’m definitely going to try some of these out. Quinoa porridge is at the top of my list.
What do you eat for gluten free breakfast? Share your ideas in the comments below..